Painted Floral Buttercream Wonders
Always wanted to try oil painting?! Well now you can but in an edible form with buttercream! Under the guidance of The Cake Botanist, she will show you how to put together a stunning cake complete with fresh flowers, a painted floral design.
You will learn how to layer up and achieve sharp edges with buttercream. Learn how to work with buttercream to paint floral patterns and texture it onto a cake. Also, how to work with fresh flowers on a cake and insert then to form a beautiful arrangement!
The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
On this course you will learn:
- How to make a simple swiss meringue buttercream which can be using for masking and painting the cake.
- How to layer up a cake
- How to work with various tools to create sharp edges on your buttercream cakes which is essential to giving it a great look
- How to blend colours into buttercream to give it a pastel tone and not split the buttercream.
- How to work with buttercream and various techniques to paint and texture various floral designs to treat the cake like a canvas
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to safely attach and assemble fresh flowers in buttercream cakes with the help of a brand-new product “Safety Seal”.
- You will also have the opportunity to decorate your cakes with fresh flowers available on the day of the class.
- You will take home a 6” vanilla sponge with Raspberry Buttercream similar to the one in the picture!
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class!
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 1 day , 1pm-5pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.