ABOUT THIS CLASS
Want to go one step further with wafer paper?! Well here is your class!
This class is designed for an intermediate level, but beginners are welcome too, just bring your cake enthusiasm with you.
From a delicate English rose, to a wired anemones and making wired leaves and filler flowers you will learn how to work with wafer paper to create this stunning cascade.
Over a period of 2 days, we will also work with wafer paper border cutters, marbling Sugarpaste, shimmering tiers with lustre dusts and working with creating your own gold leaf.
The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
This class will be limited to 4 students so grab your chance for this intimate session!
On this course you will learn:
- How to work with wafer paper and its unique properties rather than working with the usual florist paste to achieve delicate sugarflowers
- How to make sugarflower roses, anemones, filler flowers, rannuculus, leaves and sugar berries
- How to work with paper cutters to cut clean smooth borders for cakes
- How to use an airbrush when colouring wafer paper.
- How to sugarpaste dummy cakes and give them sharper edges
- How to use edible tints to brush, blend and create watercolour effects on cakes
- How to shimmer tiers and wafer paper designs with lustre dusts
- How to use Safety Seal, a new product designed to replace Posy Picks and help you stick flower wires into cakes
- How to assemble and style your flowers onto a cake to make it look stunning for all occasions
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class!
Metallic Tiers, Wafer Paper Cascade Class
TERMS & CONDITIONS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.