Go beyond conventional decorating techniques and explore this fast-growing trend of 2019. Learn how to use a palette of buttercream colours to create stunning floral scenes for a showtopping final look. Combine your painted scenes with wafer paper flowers which will be covered in this course. This course is ideal for cake decorators who have a basic foundation of skills in buttercream techniques.
On this course you will learn:
- How to make a simple swiss meringue buttercream which can be using for masking and painting the cake.
- How to layer up a cake
- How to work with various tools to create sharp edges on your buttercream cakes which is essential to giving it a great look
- How to blend colours into buttercream to give it a pastel tone and not split the buttercream.
- How to work with buttercream and various techniques to paint and texture various floral designs to treat the cake like a canvas
- How to work with wafer paper and its unique properties (great for humid weather) rather than working with the usual florist paste to achieve delicate sugarflowers
- How to make a wafer paper rose, rannuculus, hydrangeas and leaves
- How to make wired wafer paper flowers like anemones
- How to work with paper cutters to cut and curl petals
- How to work with edible tints to colour and dust your wafer paper flowers.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to safely attach and assemble wired wafer paper flowers in buttercream cakes with the help of a product “Safety Seal”.
- You will take home a 6” vanilla cake with Buttercream similar to the one in the picture.
Floral Buttercream painting & Wafer Blooms 15&16 JULY 2019
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.