ABOUT THIS CLASS
Learn how to make this two tier cake fit for a wedding, anniversary or celebration. This two day course is designed for students who are looking to expand their skill set with new techniques. It will cover 5 blooms and leaves as well as working with royal icing, acetate stencils and techniques for securely assembling a wired floral cascade.
Students will bring home a decorated dummy cake at the end of Day Two.
This class is only decoration technique and does not include a real cake.
On this course you will learn:
- Learn how to work with dummy cakes and cover them with a marble fondant finish and achieve sharp edges.
- How to work with Sugar Florist Paste and its unique properties from sugar paste and other pastes
- How to work with various cutters and sugar flower modelling tools to shape flowers and give them a delicate finish
- Learn how to make a wired sugar flower anemone, freesias spray, sugar roses and buds perfect for weddings and celebrations
- Learn how to make wired foliage; eucalyptus and rose leaves and take them together to form a cluster
- How to tape and put together a wired flowers, sprays and bouquets ready for a wedding cake or celebration cake
- How to work with Edible tints and dust sugar flowers to give them a striking professional touch
- Learn how to work acetate stencils and royal icing to create beautiful designs on cakes
- Learn how to adjust royal icing consistencies to pipe perfect round pearl balls
- Learn how to work with my brand new product, Safety Seal that can be used to cover both flower wires and fresh flowers to stick directly into a cake
- Learn how to assemble a large wired sugar flower spray safely onto a cake without it falling over
Cake Decorating Techniques Level 2 8&9 August 2019
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.