ABOUT THIS CLASS
For Cake Decorators or hobbists just starting out The Cake Botanist would recommend this class. Make your own naked Wedding Cake, semi-naked and completing a spatula finish buttercream cake. Learn how to blend colours on cakes, how to work with fresh flowers on cakes and working to achieve those beautiful sharp edges with buttercream.
The Cake botanist will guide students through every technique to give students the cake confidence they need to go further.
On this course you will learn:
- How to work with various tools to create sharp edges on your buttercream cakes which is essential to giving it a great look
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to do all 3 techniques and you have the opportunity to use your baked sponges to recreate the naked cake and finish off with either a semi-naked finish or a textured finish.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to stack and dowel a 2 tier cake safely for bespoke occasions.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to safely attach and assemble fresh flowers in buttercream cakes.
- Students will also have the opportunity to decorate your cakes with fresh flowers available on the day of the class.
*Please note: Pictures are for illustration purposes and do not reflect exactly the style of size of the cakes that will be done on the day of the class due to time constraints of a short class. ( you will take home a 6" vanilla sponge cake)
Buttercream Finishes Masterclass - 26 JULY 2019
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.