Bold Cakes – Moth Orchids,Geometric Stripes & Edible Prints
BOLD Cakes. Want to make your very own Sugarflower Moth Orchids!? Along with that, learn the trick to attaching printed wafer paper designs onto cakes and complete it with this geometric striped top tier.
Join The Cake Botanist in this 2 day Masterclass and learn how to make this chic, bold cake fit for a any celebration!
This class will be packed with loads of techniques you can use in the future!
This course is meant for students who are looking to expand their skills whether as a hobby or cake business. It is aimed at an intermediate level.
The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
About the Course
On this course you will learn:
• Learn how to mask a layered cake and use ganaching plates and achieve sharp edges with a Butterream Ganache
• Learn how to trim and cut wafer paper designs and fit them perfectly onto a cake including the top and sides
• Learn how to work with a dummy cake and cover them with fondant and achieve sharp edges.
• Learn how to make wired Moth orchids and buds from Sugar florist paste (gum paste) and make them look realistic
• How to work with Sugar Florist Paste and its unique properties from sugar paste and other pastes
• How to work with various cutters and sugar flower modelling tools to shape flowers and give them a delicate finish
• How to tape and put together a wired flowers, ready for a wedding cake or celebration cake
• How to work with Edible tints and dust sugar flowers to give them a striking professional touch
• Learn how to work with my brand new product, Safety Seal that can be used to cover both flower wires and fresh flowers, leaves to stick directly into a cake
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class is for you to take back home!
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
TBC, location will be emailed to you upon booking confirmation.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
Included in the class timeframe there will be a lunchbreak. The Studio is situated in between Earlsfield and Wandsworth where you’ll find numerous cafés near Southside shopping centre.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Price : £385
Duration : 2 days , 10am-4pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.
-In the unlikely event The Cake Botanist has to cancel a course you will be offered a full refund or, if you prefer, transferred to another course (subject to availability). We shall only be liable for the cost of the class and not any consequential loss.
-You agree to take all reasonable care while on our premises and only use equipment in the way taught. We shall not be held responsible for any injury if you fail to follow instructions on use of equipment. All accidents/injuries must be reported to the tutor immediately.
-We may occassionaly take photographs for promotional purposes. If you prefer not to be photographed please let us know, you will not be photographed without your permission. By agreeing to be photographed you are consenting to any photographic material to be used by the Company for promotional purposes only. No photographs of children will be taken/used without express permission of the parent or guardian.
-You are responsible for ensuring you arrive in time for the start of your class. Tutors will not run through missed content as this would be to the detriment of other students. You are advised to arrive 15 minutes before the class starts.