Whimsical Poppies 28&29 NOV 2019
Step outside your comfort zone and learn a new skill with wafer paper. From ingenious ways to add texture to your designs, creative ways to apply colour and edgy finishes.
This course is perfect for intermediate cake decorators who are competent in cake decorating but need some style inspiration and a bank of new ideas to take back with them.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to layer up a sponge cake with Ganaching plates to achieve sharp edges
- Learn how to cover a cake with fondant and get sharp edges
- Learn to cover a dummy cake with the top and side method that can be applied to real cakes
- Learn how to dowel a real cake so that it can be safely stacked together
- How to work with wafer paper to achieve a torn weathered finish with the help of edible colours and tints
- How to use wafer paper to create wired flowers, like poppies or even your very own fantasy flowers
- How to work with different mediums and colours and bring your wafer flower petals to life
- How to assemble your wafer paper floral spray and give it that life-like finish
- Different ideas on how to assemble flowers to cake designs to give you more options for photography
You will take home a 2 tier textured wafer cake, consisting of a dummy and real tier and a spray of wafer paper poppy flowers with foliage.
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
Included in the class timeframe there will be a lunchbreak. The Studio is situated just a walk away from Raynes Park station where you’ll find numerous cafés on the high street.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 2 days , 10am-4pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.