Floral Buttercream painting & Wafer Blooms 4&5 DEC 2019
Always wanted to learn how to paint with Buttercream?! The Cake Botanist invites you to learn how to use a palette of buttercream colours create a floral scene on a cake. Not only that with the help of Safety Seal, teach you how to decorate cakes with a wafer paper floral arrangement perfect for any occasion!
This class is designed for a beginner level, so don’t be shy just bring your cake decorating enthusiasm with you.
In this 2 day workshop learn how to layer and get sharp edges with buttercream on a sponge cake to complete this beautiful design!
On this course you will learn:
- How to make a simple swiss meringue buttercream which can be using for masking and painting the cake.
- How to layer up a cake
- How to work with various tools to create sharp edges on your buttercream cakes which is essential to giving it a great look
- How to blend colours into buttercream to give it a pastel tone and not split the buttercream.
- How to work with buttercream and various techniques to paint and texture various floral designs to treat the cake like a canvas
- How to work with wafer paper and its unique properties (great for Barbados humid weather) rather than working with the usual florist paste to achieve delicate sugarflowers
- How to make a wafer paper rose, rannuculus, hydrangeas and leaves
- How to make wired wafer paper flowers like anemones
- How to work with paper cutters to cut and curl petals
- How to work with edible tints to colour and dust your wafer paper flowers.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to safely attach and assemble wired wafer paper flowers in buttercream cakes with the help of a brand-new product “Safety Seal”.
- You will take home a vanilla sponge with Raspberry Buttercream similar to the one in the picture!
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class!
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
Included in the class timeframe there will be a lunchbreak. The Studio is situated just a walk away from Raynes Park station where you’ll find numerous cafés on the high street.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 2 day , 10am-3:30pm (with a 30 minute lunch break)
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.