Floral Bas-Relief 20&21 NOV 2019
Need Wedding Cake design inspiration? then this is the class for you! This class combines different techniques and ideas for creating that elegant and sophisticated cake that will get you noticed if whether you are a hobby baker or those who have already started out in the cake decorating industry. From working with wafer paper to create chic blooms, to learn how to work on a real cake with moulds to bas-relief effects on cakes. This class is aimed at a beginner to intermediate level.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to layer up a sponge cake with ganaching plates to achieve sharp edges
- Learn how to cover a cake with fondant and get sharp edges
- How to work with wafer paper to create wafer roses, rannuculus and blossoms
- How to use wafer paper to create wired flowers, like anemones
- Learn how to work with wafer paper to create wired leaves
- How to use silicon moulds and sculpting tools to create a textured, bas-relief effect on a cake
- How to use different edible food dusts to highlight different elements on your cake
- How to work with different mediums and colours and bring your wafer flower petals to life
- How to assemble your wafer flowers on a cake ensuring they flow as a design and the common mistakes to avoid
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
Included in the class timeframe there will be a lunchbreak. The Studio is situated just a walk away from Raynes Park station where you’ll find numerous cafés on the high street.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 2 days , 10am-3:30pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.