CAKE DECORATING TECHNIQUES LEVEL 2 26&27 NOV 2019
Expand your skills in this course designed to teach you numerous cake decorating techniques that you can use to give you the confidence to take on more cake orders.
Join The Cake Botanist in this 2 day Master class and learn how to make this 2 tier cake fit for a wedding, anniversary or celebration cake. From making wired sugarflower Freesias, to learning how to work with acetate stencils on cakes, this class will be packed with loads of techniques.
This course is meant for students who are looking to expand their skills whether as a hobby or cake business. It is aimed at an intermediate level.
The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
This class will be limited to 3 students so grab your chance for this intimate session with lots of 1-1 attention!
About the Course
On this course you will learn:
- Learn how to work with dummy cakes and cover them with a marble fondant finish and achieve sharp edges.
- How to work with Sugar Florist Paste and its unique properties from sugar paste and other pastes
- How to work with various cutters and sugar flower modelling tools to shape flowers and give them a delicate finish
- Learn how to make a wired sugar flower anemone, freesias spray, sugar roses and buds perfect for weddings and celebrations
- Learn how to make wired foliage; eucalyptus and rose leaves and take them together to form a cluster
- How to tape and put together a wired flowers, sprays and bouquets ready for a wedding cake or celebration cake
- How to work with Edible tints and dust sugar flowers to give them a striking professional touch
- Learn how to work acetate stencils and royal icing to create beautiful designs on cakes
- Learn how to adjust royal icing consistencies to pipe perfect round pearl balls
- Learn how to work with my brand new product, Safety Seal that can be used to cover both flower wires and fresh flowers to stick directly into a cake
- Learn how to assemble a large wired sugar flower spray safely onto a cake without it falling over
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class is for you to take back home!
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
Included in the class timeframe there will be a lunchbreak. The Studio is situated just a walk away from Raynes Park station where you’ll find numerous cafés on the high street.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 2 days , 10am-4pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.