Buttercream Finishes Masterclass - 2 NOV 2019
Back by popular demand! Ever wanted to make your own naked Wedding Cake or Spatula Finish Buttercream cake?! Well now you have the opportunity to master some popular soft finishes with buttercream under the guidance of The Cake Botanist!
You will learn the difference between a naked cake, semi-naked, spatula finish, textured finish and many other skills involved! Learn how to blend colours on cakes, how to work with fresh flowers on cakes and working to achieve those beautiful sharp edges with buttercream.
On this course you will learn:
- How to work with various tools to create sharp edges on your buttercream cakes which is essential to giving it a great look
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to do all 3 techniques and you have the opportunity to use your baked sponges to recreate the naked cake and finish off with either a semi-naked finish or a textured finish.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to stack and dowel a 2 tier cake safely for bespoke occasions.
- The Cake Botanist will demonstrate how to safely attach and assemble fresh flowers in buttercream cakes.
- You will also have the opportunity to decorate your cakes with fresh flowers available on the day of the class.
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class!
*Please note: Pictures are for illustration purposes and do not reflect exactly the style of size of the cakes that will be done on the day of the class due to time constraints of a short class. ( you will take home a 6" vanilla sponge cake)
LOCATION AND FURTHER DETAILS
South West London, near Raynes Park Station, exact location will be emailed to you after making a booking.
There is street parking around the area. The Cake Botanist can also organise a parking coupon to you subject to availabity.
They are right next to the Raynes Park station Bus stops that services Bus numbers 57, 131, 163, 200, K5.
Raynes Park Station is a 1 minute walk away from the location. It connects to mainline trains and Underground tube at Wimbledon, Vauxhall and Waterloo station with trains every 5-10 minutes.
The closest Tube Station is Wimbledon station which is a short bus ride away on 57 /131/ 163 / 200 all a 1-2 minute walk away or 1 stop on the train.
Just bring yourself and your cake decorating enthusiasm! But do think about getting a strong square base Carrier bag to carry your cake or creation home safely.
There will also be a tea break, where coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
All ingredients, equipment and tools will be supplied on the day.
Class Size : 4 students
Duration : 9am-1pm
We cannot provide any refunds if you want to cancel your booking or cannot make the class. We advise you to check your diary and travel plans in advance before purchasing any class. You can always transfer your booking to a friend should you be unable to attend a class, however we will not be able to reserve a place for you in another future class.